Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend and 13 to Life

Labor Day weekend, three days to clean, do last minute summer chores and enjoy the beautiful weather, I was psyched.  However.........
This summer I had a wonderful visit from YA author Shannon Delany.  To my horror we did not have her series 13 to Life.  I promptly ordered them.  Last Friday, I took the first one home to read.  Needless to say none of my ambitious plans were accomplished.  No, it did not take me three days to read, but I spent a great deal of time fretting that I couldn't tear into the second installment until we reopened on Tuesday.  Why can't libraries be opened 24/7? 
The catalog summary:
Jessica Gillmansen, a high school junior, is hiding information about her mother's death when she meets Pietr Rusakova, a new student with a family secret of his own, and the two bond as she investigates local news stories about werewolves and the Russian mafia. 
This summary gives you a clue about the story, but there is soooo much more, fascinating, well written characters, lots of nail biting action, romance and humor. 

Christine



No comments: